[Alumni] moomers.org server

Igor Serebryany igor47 at moomers.org
Tue Dec 9 19:27:34 CST 2008

Hi Moomerites,

	Paw, the moomers.org server, has just been upgraded from Ubuntu
	Feisty Fawn to Ubuntu Gutsy Gibbon, and then again to Ubuntu Hardy
	Haron 8.04 LTS. This should keep us off the upgrade treadmill for
	the next 5 years.

	Most packages, including apache and mailman, have been upgraded.
	Please let me know if you notice any unexpected behavior. I may want
	to reboot the box one of these months, but I will give a few days'
	notice unless something is catastrophically wrong.

root at paw:~# cat /etc/issue
Ubuntu 8.04.1 \n \l

root at paw:~# uname -a
Linux paw.moomers.org 2.6.20-16-server #2 SMP Tue Feb 12 05:48:21 UTC 2008 i686 GNU/Linux
root at paw:~# uptime
 19:15:50 up 186 days,  1:07, 10 users,  load average: 0.23, 0.79, 0.91
root at paw:~#

	If the server is rebooted, the new kernel version will be
	vmlinuz-2.6.24-22-server

kthxbai
--Igor

P.S. Transcript of my conversation last night in #ubuntu on freenode:
00:41 < igor47> hi! i have these errors driving me crazy: Err http://us.archive.ubuntu.com feisty/universe Sources 404 Not Found [IP: 91.189.88.46 80] -
does anyone have a functioning fiesty sources.list without these errors
00:43 < arrenlex> igor47: Support for feisty ended in october. The repositories for it no longer exist.
00:45 < igor47> arrenlex: argh, i hate the upgrade treadmill. but thx for the answer
00:45 < arrenlex> igor47: Sounds like you want to use debian. :)