[chrysalis.activism] Donation matching for BLM - Next Big Push!

Anna McFall annasmcfall at gmail.com
Wed Aug 26 20:55:13 CDT 2020

Hi wonderful donation matchers!

As we near the election, we at the Chrysalis Community Fund are making a
special push to match donations toward the Black Lives Matter movement for
racial justice! We’re doing two things:

1. We’ll continue matching the same organizations as before, but will add
two orgs focused on effective voter engagement: the Environmental Voter
Project <https://www.environmentalvoter.org/donate> and Showing Up for
Racial Justice (SURJ) Bay Area <https://www.surjbayarea.org/donate.html>.
Members of our household have volunteered with both organizations
(currently on specific Congress races). While we remain enthusiastic about
local organizations, it’s undeniable that this fall’s Congressional and
Presidential elections are of immense importance for clearing the path for
more targeted racial justice work, and we want to point some dollars in
that direction.

2. We will be setting a deadline of September 12th for donations to be
matched, in order to get funds to these orgs a.s.a.p. and tie up the
logistical ends well before November.  So far we have matched $6,118 (a
total of $12,276), so we're aiming for *$4,000 more dollars* in the next
two weeks or so.  Please disperse this message to as many networks as you
see fit.

Let us know if you have questions or concerns, and thank you again for your
support!

<3

Chrysalis Activism https://chrysalis.community/blm

*"An antiracist America can only be guaranteed if principled antiracists
are in power, and then antiracist policies become the law of the land, and
then antiracist ideas become the common sense of the people, and then the
antiracist common sense of the people holds those antiracist leaders and
policies accountable. And that day is sure to come."*
*--Ibram X. Kendi, Stamped From the Beginning*

 Chrysalis Community Fund + Black Lives Matter
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Hgm7HEhzsKm-BRAUe8H9Han_8BqDonCY5x6wzbl9zAg/edit?usp=drive_web>