[chrysalis.activism] Book Group: Me and White Supremacy

Anna McFall annasmcfall at gmail.com
Wed Jun 24 23:57:09 CDT 2020

6/24:
Anna - Note-taker
David - Facilitator
Stacey - absent
Topher - Guardian

WHITE PRIVILEGE - Notes
- Perfectionism as an attribute of white supremacy, patriarchy, capitalism
--> being "called out" hurts more in this framework, and isn't as productive
- "I can ignore racial injustice and care for my intimate group of friends,
and it's not incongruent."
--> Don't have to fight big systems if not Black or brown, if focused on
just taking care of loved ones.
--> Same set of concerns means something completely different about how you
have to engage with systemic issues.
- "There's a way you can be authoritative and take care of business without
being a fucking asshole!"
- Our deep learning models show us our own biases
- AND SO MUCH MORE!

<333