[chrysalis.activism] I'm marching for this: Please take on Councilmember Davila's Resolution

Anna McFall annasmcfall at gmail.com
Sun Jun 28 14:38:33 CDT 2020

Dear Mayor Arreguín, City Manager Williams-Ridley, and the Berkeley City
Council:

My name is Anna McFall, a resident of Berkeley's District 3, and I am
writing to urge you to put Councilmember Davila’s resolution to support
redistribution of city resources and operations from the Berkeley Police
onto tomorrow's city council agenda immediately.

I marched yesterday with Berkeley youth in remembrance of Shukri Abdi, one
of so many too-young people killed for the sake of prejudice. I stand with
the organizers of that march and every march where we chant "Defund
Berkeley PD," that we might envision a better, longer, more beautiful and
safe future for all.

Councilmember Davila is currently one of the only councilmembers who is
listening and responding to the repeated calls of the public to defund the
Berkeley Police Department and reinvest in essential, life-affirming
services.

I urge you to do your part to be responsive to the people’s demands, to
stand with Berkeley’s Black community, and to support Councilmember
Davila’s resolution.

Thank you for your time and attention.

Sincerely,
Anna McFall