[Guestlist] Fwd: dinner and presentations on Monday, May 26th

Andrew Cone andrew.p.cone at gmail.com
Mon May 26 16:36:05 EDT 2008

Just a reminder.
--AC

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Andrew Cone <andrew.p.cone at gmail.com>
Date: Thu, May 22, 2008 at 4:04 PM
Subject: dinner and presentations on Monday, May 26th
To: supper-sessions at googlegroups.com, moomers listhost
<moomers at moomers.org>, moomers guestlist <guestlist at moomers.org>,
Haymarket <haymarket at listhost.uchicago.edu>, "Dean W. Armstrong"
<dean at uchicago.edu>, Steven Lucy <slucy at parallactic.com>, Sarah Letson
<sletson at gmail.com>, Gabriela Russek <grussek at gmail.com>, Max Shron
<mshron at uchicago.edu>, Kelly Kennedy <kekenned at gmail.com>, Eric George
Purdy <epurdy at cs.uchicago.edu>, Heather Rosenfeld
<heatherose at gmail.com>, Ravi Rajan <solar.iris at gmail.com>, Guy Levy
<guyguy2 at gmail.com>, lydia <dragonladyflame at gmail.com>, Richard Cone
<richardcone1 at sbcglobal.net>, Adam Cone
<acone at thorntonthomasetti.com>, Jason Doty <fizbar at gmail.com>, Robert
Lucy <robertlucy at gmail.com>, Michael Metcalf Bishop
<michaelbish at gmail.com>

Hi everyone,

In defiance of the traditional Supper Sessions schedule, you are all
invited to my apartment  for dinner and two presentations. For those
of you unfamiliar with the Supper Sessions, the idea is that a bunch
of people get together at someone's apartment, and a few people speak
for 15-30ish minutes about a topic that interests them. Previous
topics have included bike repair, the food supply, cooperatives,
freemasonry, sea monsters, mechanism design, and aluminum.

Monday's topics will be:

Adam Cone (my brother) on the sustainability movement
Max Shron on Cognitive Science
Andrew Cone on trains

Show up around 7pm, and please bring some [preferably vegan] food to
share. My apartment, known to many as "Moomers," is on the third floor
of 5509 S. Hyde Park Blvd. To get there from the Loop, catch the
number 6 bus ("Jackson Park Express")  southbound on State Street, and
exit at 55th. My building is directly across the street from where
you'll get off the bus.

If you have any trouble getting here, call the apartment (773 667
6572) or my cell phone (773 250 4500).

Please forward this email to anyone who you think would be interested
in coming. Our common area is pretty huge, so I'm not worried about
overcrowding.

--AC